Closed questions are ones that shouldn't be here in the first place. Amount of such questions with a tag is a clue, but shouldn't be a deciding factor. This leaves us with:
18 results. There are examples that really makes sense:
- Why would a city not use names?
- Searching for a database of real historical names
- What factors cause a society where people have no family name?
- Culturally Correct Naming Conventions
- How can I develop names for my fantasy land?
These are a really nice questions that are mostly about names.
I'd say - let the tag be. Questions about names can be OK, great even. Tag is useful for search and categorization. At the same time, we should have a meta post about names, like we have one about magic, to help users understand which questions about names are OK, and which are not.