To be, or not to be, that is the question
Translating it into code, we get
theQuestion = 2b || !2b
true for any value of
2b, making the evaluation redundant. We can optimise it by removing the expression and substituting with the result.
theQuestion = true
Member for 5 years, 11 months
26 profile views
Last seen 18 hours ago
- Stack Overflow 17k 17k 88 gold badges3232 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 6.5k 6.5k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.9k 1.9k 11 gold badge77 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 869 869 11 gold badge88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 587 587 11 gold badge55 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 71 Why would people bury their dead in tombs when they might become zombies?
- 53 Where could a vampire get blood without harming people?
- 53 Is it good practice to echo PHP code into inline JS?
- 51 What would cause a culture to keep a distinct weapon for centuries?
- 44 Backwards the migration close reason text is
- 40 Origin of genies (from lamps) having a three wish limit?
- View more network posts →