Former PostDoc working on the evolution of host-microbiota interactions at Kiel in Germany. I gained my PhD working on microbial genetics in the food borne pathogen, Campylobacter jejuni at the University of Leicester, UK.
Before that I spent a bit over a decade working as a programmer, with most of that time spent writing computer games. I have degrees in Mathematics (MMath), Life Sciences (BSc) and Molecular Genetics (MSc).
- Stack Overflow 17.4k 17.4k 66 gold badges3737 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Academia 9.8k 9.8k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Biology 6.7k 6.7k 2727 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 6.1k 6.1k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- The Workplace 4.9k 4.9k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 424 How to search and replace text in a file?
- 260 Was credit for the black hole image misattributed?
- 151 How do I change the formatting of numbers on an axis with ggplot?
- 144 How can a fish that explodes by itself prosper enough to reproduce on a grand enough scale to persist as a species?
- 132 Opposite of any() function
- 122 Co-authors request that others do not use "he" as a pronoun - is this reasonable?
- 116 Should I follow the normal path or fail early?
- View more network posts →