My interest in World Building Stack Exchange stems from a deep interest in science-fiction and fantasy and my many years of roleplaying in worlds that my friends and I have individually or collaboratively built.
I have gone from scribbling maps and bestiaries down on the back of recycled desk planners at age six to generating maps using multi-layered vector-graphics software and I am now considering the use of software emulation of global continental drift to generate worlds with even greater realism, inspired by my study of geology at university.
I delight in creating creatures complete with intricate, detailed and plausible biology, inspired by my university degree in the life sciences.
I have created distinct and interacting human and alien cultures with a high level of detail, inspired by a friend who specializes in sociology.
In my most recent project, I am busy creating the technical and magical societies inhabiting our entire galaxy (that isn't quite what the scientists think it is), world after world. I can use some inspiration...
Member for 6 years, 10 months
55 profile views
Last seen Jul 12 at 5:13
- Worldbuilding♦ 35.5k 35.5k 77 gold badges8585 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.8k 3.8k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2k 2k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 606 606 55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 181 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 158 How could dragons be explained without magic?
- 70 Update: an agreement with Monica Cellio
- 66 How does Santa keep the elves from revolting?
- 64 Pew Pew Lasers! What would directed energy weapons actually sound like?
- 61 How can my town be public knowledge while still keeping outsiders out?
- 59 Effect of Modern Firearms on Dinosaurs
- View more network posts →