Started coding graphical displays in 1986 on a CoCo III
Haven't stopped "media" programming since then.
Not only do I have no formal education in the field, but in those situations where I SHOULD have gotten some (High School, Air Force, etc) I ended up teaching, which became my career for a while.
At the moment I do web dev and design for a decent salary, game design for not very much of anything but headaches.
I have done SQL Admin, PC Support, Telephone Support, Helpdesk Support, and I spent a couple years doing automated warehouse support, which included giant robots... I quit that job though, because management was SO BAD that not even giant robots could make it better.
I find myself saying "I've been coding for 30 years!" and then cringing because I've become the old coder guy. At least I haven't started randomly growling about the beautiful intricacies of Sperry-Univac mainframes.
I am also awesome.
Seattle, WA, United States
Member for 5 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 15 '18 at 18:27
- Worldbuilding 461 461 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Drupal Answers 403 403 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 337 337 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 233 233 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 141 141 33 bronze badges
- View network profile