I am an aspiring author. I plan to write fiction, primarily fantasy and science fiction.
I have decided to learn all I can about writing before I actually write my novels. In this endeavor, Writers Stack Exchange and Worldbuilding Stack Exchange have helped me greatly. They are great resources for any aspiring author.
In addition to learning about writing, I also need to practice. I have found a website devoted to HeroScape, a board game with a rich backstory, ripe for fan fiction. I have released several fan fictions on that site, as well as creating a competitive contest for fiction writers to hone their skill.
Top Network Posts
- 70 How can I develop names for my fantasy land?
- 51 How far is too far when worldbuilding?
- 46 What would be the possible benefits of pointed ears?
- 38 Killing the protagonist - should it be done?
- 36 How do you write a Stack Exchange answer?
- 33 Do I have any control over the grammar of my novel?
- 33 How to tell someone not to start a business?
- View more network posts →