My Preferred Pronoun for the 2nd person plural is "yall"; however, the alternate variations "ya'll", "ye", or "you all" are also acceptable. The use of "you guys" or "you gals" is only acceptable where the self-identified gender of all included in the party is verifiably self identified as male or female respectively. The use of "yawl" or "you people" is completely unacceptable do to their history of racial and socio-economic abuse and should never be used in good conscience. I also find the use of "you" in the plural to be offensive as it is often used to deliberately avoid the issue of my preferred pronoun, and leads to confusing grammatical situations.
Regardless of your perspective on the proper use of the English language, thanks to SE's new policies regarding Preferred Pronouns, I henceforth expect all SE users to address me thusly. Thankyou.
The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.
~ Thomas Jefferson
- Worldbuilding 52.7k 52.7k 33 gold badges8080 silver badges208208 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 988 988 11 gold badge99 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Information Security 937 937 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Aviation 421 421 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- The Workplace 285 285 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 121 My perfect evil overlord plan... or is it?
- 78 What would be the benefits of cauldron usage for witchcraft?
- 76 Why is this less profitable for an adventurer to craft and then sell an artefact, rather than to sell ingredients needed to craft the artefact?
- 76 Managing heat dissipation in a magic wand
- 71 How big can a town get before everyone stops knowing everyone else?
- 68 Why combat machines in this world are colorful
- 65 The Emperor's New Palace
- View more network posts →