Nosajimiki - Reinstate Monica
My Preferred Pronoun for the 2nd person plural is "yall"; however, the alternate variations "ya'll" or "you all" are also acceptable. The use of "you guys" or "you gals" is only acceptable where the self-identified gender of all included in the party is verifiably male or female respectively. The use of "yawl" or "you people" is completely unacceptable do to their history of racial and socio-economic abuse and should never be used in good conscience. I also find the use of "you" in the plural to be offensive as it is often used to deliberately avoid the issue of my preferred pronoun, and leads to confusing grammatical situations.
Regardless of your perspective on the proper use of the English language, thanks to SE's new policies regarding Preferred Pronouns, I henceforth expect all SE users to address me thusly. Thankyou.
The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.
~ Thomas Jefferson
Member for 1 year, 4 months
7 profile views
Last seen Feb 12 at 17:27
- Worldbuilding 18k 18k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 931 931 11 gold badge77 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Information Security 904 904 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Game Development 176 176 44 bronze badges
- The Workplace 135 135 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 115 My perfect evil overlord plan... or is it?
- 72 Managing heat dissipation in a magic wand
- 59 Humans meet a distant alien species. How do they standardize? - Units of Measure
- 50 Why NOT use surveillance cameras in future world
- 43 Which modern firearm should a time traveler bring to be easily reproducible for a historic civilization?
- 36 Dogfights in outer space
- 34 How can glass marbles naturally occur in a desert?
- View more network posts →