My Preferred Pronoun for the 2nd person plural is "yall"; however, the alternate variations "ya'll", "ye", or "you all" are also acceptable. The use of "you guys" or "you gals" is only acceptable where the self-identified gender of all included in the party is verifiably self identified as male or female respectively. The use of "yawl" or "you people" is completely unacceptable do to their history of racial and socio-economic abuse and should never be used in good conscience. I also find the use of "you" in the plural to be offensive as it is often used to deliberately avoid the issue of my preferred pronoun, and leads to confusing grammatical situations.
Regardless of your perspective on the proper use of the English language, thanks to SE's new policies regarding Preferred Pronouns, I henceforth expect all SE users to address me thusly. Thankyou.
The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.
~ Thomas Jefferson
Member for 2 years, 8 months
19 profile views
Last seen Jul 15 at 17:37
- Worldbuilding 48.9k 48.9k 33 gold badges6969 silver badges191191 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 978 978 11 gold badge99 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Information Security 937 937 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Aviation 421 421 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- History 229 229 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 120 My perfect evil overlord plan... or is it?
- 78 What would be the benefits of cauldron usage for witchcraft?
- 76 Managing heat dissipation in a magic wand
- 74 Why is this less profitable for an adventurer to craft and then sell an artefact, rather than to sell ingredients needed to craft the artefact?
- 71 How big can a town get before everyone stops knowing everyone else?
- 65 The Emperor's New Palace
- 65 What kind of Alien artifacts or minerals could advance the human race?
- View more network posts →