My Preferred Pronoun for the 2nd person plural is "yall"; however, the alternate variations "ya'll", "ye", or "you all" are also acceptable. The use of "you guys" or "you gals" is only acceptable where the self-identified gender of all included in the party is verifiably self identified as male or female respectively. The use of "yawl" or "you people" is completely unacceptable do to their history of racial and socio-economic abuse and should never be used in good conscience. I also find the use of "you" in the plural to be offensive as it is often used to deliberately avoid the issue of my preferred pronoun, and leads to confusing grammatical situations.
Regardless of your perspective on the proper use of the English language, thanks to SE's new policies regarding Preferred Pronouns, I henceforth expect all SE users to address me thusly. Thankyou.
The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just.
~ Thomas Jefferson
Member for 2 years
16 profile views
Last seen Oct 20 at 13:04
- Worldbuilding 33.4k 33.4k 22 gold badges4949 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 963 963 11 gold badge88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Information Security 914 914 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- The Workplace 225 225 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 211 211 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 118 My perfect evil overlord plan... or is it?
- 78 What would be the benefits of cauldron usage for witchcraft?
- 72 Managing heat dissipation in a magic wand
- 71 How big can a town get before everyone stops knowing everyone else?
- 62 The Emperor's New Palace
- 59 Humans meet a distant alien species. How do they standardize? - Units of Measure
- 50 Why NOT use surveillance cameras in future world
- View more network posts →