Martin started writing programs in GW Basic on a Tandy 1000 TL/2 in 8th grade, but did not really learn anything about software design until after highschool when working in LP-C on the LP-Mud Nightmare. He spent too many years writing software just for fun on the side while working retail to pay the bills.
Martin picked up professional experience working as a private contractor for Nocturnal Entertainment Australia on the Game Boy Advance title Ultimate Arcade Games. With a shiped title under his belt he attempted to move into a full time position in the industry but ultimately fell short. Disappointed, Martin decided to return to school to flesh out his skill set. In the process he discovered he enjoyed the problem solving and design of complex systems more than the game development. He graduated at(or nearly so) the top of his class at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a degree in Computer Engineering.
Today he works on the Enterprise Management Technologies team at Quad/Graphics.
West Allis, WI
Member for 4 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 147 How can I get the application's path in a .NET console application?
- 65 How do devices like the Game Boy Advance achieve their frame rate?
- 19 What kind of materials can survive for millennia?
- 19 Why did Ichigo use his final move?
- 17 Is uncle really limited to siblings of parents or their husbands?
- 15 How to sustain/create a 4 foot tall city?
- 14 Is Facebook a necessary tool for a student?
- View more network posts →