Moderator on Bitcoin.SE
After multiple years of delving the Bitcoin rabbit-hole, Murch wrote his master thesis in 2016 about Coin Selection strategies. The Branch and Bound algorithm described in his thesis is used at BitGo, in Bitcoin Core, and other libraries. Murch has been working as a software engineer in the Bitcoin space since graduating.
Besides Bitcoin, Murch enjoys bouldering, hiking, and boardgames.
- A collection of introductory topics can be found here:
I am new to Bitcoin, how can I get started?
- Bitcoin♦ 46.5k 46.5k 3030 gold badges136136 silver badges407407 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1k 1k 99 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 812 812 55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 556 556 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 66 How does the Lightning network work in simple terms?
- 63 Can someone explain how the Bitcoin Blockchain works?
- 59 In the ASIC-age, is it worth starting mining Bitcoin at home?
- 59 What is a soft fork?
- 58 Give mods/communities better tools for large retagging jobs
- 56 In the ASIC-age, is it worth starting mining Bitcoin at home?
- 55 I am new to Bitcoin, how can I get started?
- View more network posts →