The Personal Pronouns that I use for myself are: I / me / my / mine / myself
I have no problem with ye using whichever third-person pronouns address me that you want, so long as it is comprehensible. A person using a niche and specialised word has only hitself to blame when hoi polloi don't understand it.
Language is first, and foremost, about communication, and everything else should take a backseat to that. If a specific form of "Modernising", "Evolving" or "Politically Correctness" get in the way of that, then that form needs to be taken back to basics - not shoved through willy-nilly.
Sometimes just looking back in history will turn up a perfectly suitable deprecated word for an idea that just fell out of usage - try giving some of those a dust off before inventing new ones.
Keep calm, carry on, be excellent to each other, and - most importantly - take a moment to accept who you are and reflect on how you measure you self-worth, instead of just blindly accepting society's yammering that people need to be "beautiful", "rich" or "famous" to be happy.
Member for 2 years, 7 months
2 profile views
Last seen Sep 11 at 13:28
- Worldbuilding 14.2k 14.2k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.7k 5.7k 11 gold badge88 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 4.5k 4.5k 1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Writing 2k 2k 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Puzzling 1.9k 1.9k 55 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 162 What is the utilitarian purpose of artificial waterfalls?
- 104 Why can't my huge trees be chopped down?
- 86 Why didn't Voldemort know what Grindelwald looked like?
- 68 Why didn’t EVE recognize the little cockroach as a living organism?
- 59 Why is Rorschach's mask symmetrical?
- 52 Is it "abstain from" or "abstain to"?
- 51 Despite same materials, why crystal balls are used but not crystal wands?
- View more network posts →