Professional expertise in the medical field. Academic interest in languages (primarily classical & ancient), mythology, folklore, music, religion, geography, geology, music, anatomy, history, medicine, archontology, paleology, writing systems, etc., etc.
Pertinents: Geopoet since childhood - The World since 1985 (see also here, here and here); also actively collaborated on Ill Bethisad between 1998 & 2012 or so. Have written a number of (unpublished) books about & from within The World; a number of religious texts (gospels, litrugies, logia); have composed several in-world poems and pieces of music; have written numerous short stories set in The World, many of which are mythological or folkloric in nature. I've also been a proponent of practical geopoesy, the practice of making artifacts of any kind as a way of expressing one's worldbuilding-oriented creative urges. To that end, have put together a rather nice collection of in-world artifacts ranging from tools to jewelry to books, musical instruments, money, clothing, etc.
Member for 2 years
35 profile views
Last seen Apr 17 at 2:54
Top Network Posts
- 115 Can coins be made out of concrete or cement?
- 96 For what reasons would an animal species NOT cross a *horizontal* land bridge?
- 51 A road system with no traffic rules - what sort of vehicle is best?
- 50 How could a planet have a sky without stars at night?
- 48 Handling a sword blade (directly) to stab
- 43 With 12th-15th century technology, is a "vending machine" possible?
- 41 What projectile weapon can replace a bow under the following circumstances?
- View more network posts →