Professional expertise in the medical field. Academic interest in languages (primarily classical & ancient), mythology, folklore, music, religion, geography, geology, music, anatomy, history, medicine, archontology, paleology, writing systems, etc., etc.
Pertinents: Geopoet since childhood - The World since 1985 (see also here, here and here); also actively collaborated on Ill Bethisad between 1998 & 2012 or so. Have written a number of (unpublished) books about & from within The World; a number of religious texts (gospels, litrugies, logia); have composed several in-world poems and pieces of music; have written numerous short stories set in The World, many of which are mythological or folkloric in nature. I've also been a proponent of practical geopoesy, the practice of making artifacts of any kind as a way of expressing one's worldbuilding-oriented creative urges. To that end, have put together a rather nice collection of in-world artifacts ranging from tools to jewelry to books, musical instruments, money, clothing, etc.
Member for 2 years, 7 months
80 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Worldbuilding 21.6k 21.6k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 2.4k 2.4k 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Constructed Languages 1.7k 1.7k 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Christianity 261 261 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Area 51 201 201 11 bronze badge
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 173 What impact would a dragon the size of Asia have on the environment?
- 121 Can coins be made out of concrete or cement?
- 102 For what reasons would an animal species NOT cross a *horizontal* land bridge?
- 65 Do the books ever say oliphaunts aren’t elephants?
- 54 A road system with no traffic rules - what sort of vehicle is best?
- 51 How could a planet have a sky without stars at night?
- 49 Why are Starfleet vessels designed with nacelles so far away from the hull?
- View more network posts →