Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 4 years, 11 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 1 at 14:08
- Parenting♦ 57.7k 57.7k 1212 gold badges122122 silver badges203203 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 51.4k 51.4k 1414 gold badges110110 silver badges191191 bronze badges
- Biology 22.8k 22.8k 22 gold badges5353 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 22.6k 22.6k 1515 gold badges7575 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 8.7k 8.7k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 204 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 204 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 179 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 177 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 163 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 161 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 155 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- View more network posts →