Parent and Physician. Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. I've said more than once, it's easier to take care of someone with a rupturing aortic aneurysm than to handle a toddler throwing temper tantrum.
Now the challenge is to be a parent to adult, married children, and learning to be a good mother-in-law and grandmother.
First site active: EL&U.
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 5 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 1 '19 at 14:08
- Parenting♦ 59.4k 59.4k 1313 gold badges126126 silver badges206206 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 52.6k 52.6k 1414 gold badges111111 silver badges193193 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 23.7k 23.7k 1515 gold badges7575 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Biology 23.3k 23.3k 22 gold badges5555 silver badges8080 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 9.2k 9.2k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 206 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 205 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 203 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 177 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 163 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 163 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 154 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- View more network posts →