Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 4 years, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 9 '16 at 23:33
- Parenting♦ 56.3k 56.3k 1212 gold badges119119 silver badges199199 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 51.3k 51.3k 1414 gold badges109109 silver badges191191 bronze badges
- Biology 22.7k 22.7k 22 gold badges5252 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 22.5k 22.5k 1515 gold badges7474 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 8.6k 8.6k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 206 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 203 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 177 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 163 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 160 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 155 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- 139 Arguing science with a passionate non-scientist?
- View more network posts →