I'm a moderator here and on some other Stack Exchange sites. I write for and help edit Worldbuilding's blog, Universe Factory, and was also interviewed there. I'm serializing my story The Sisters' War on the blog, starting here (or read a synopsis of past chapters and jump to the current chapter).
I enjoy speculative fiction, role-playing games, and "what-if" questions (particularly sociological ones). Someday I hope to turn the in-character journal from my last RPG campaign into something better. (The writing and the story get better over time; I've linked the beginning.) A lot of what made that game fun was that the GM had a thoughtfully-designed world; playing in that game got me more interested in world-building in general. That game inspired the Revelation for RPGs series of blog articles.
Top network posts
- 301 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- 278 How to politely ask a coworker to “Google it”
- 277 Why would HR think it's inappropriate that I visited a coworker in the hospital?
- 217 Rollout of new network site themes
- 180 Dealing with the unexpected death of an employee
- 175 I offered to help neighbor, how to discuss compensation?
- 173 How to respond to a ridiculous request from a senior colleague?
- View more network posts →