I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding, Mi Yodeya, and The Workplace, and a pro-tempore mod on Writing and Beer, Wine, and Spirits. I write for and help edit Worldbuilding's blog, Universe Factory, and was also interviewed there. I'm serializing my story The Sisters' War on the blog, starting here (or read a synopsis of past chapters and jump to the current chapter).
I enjoy speculative fiction, role-playing games, and "what-if" questions (particularly sociological ones). Someday I hope to turn the in-character journal from my last RPG campaign into something better. (The writing and the story get better over time; I've linked the beginning.) A lot of what made that game fun was that the GM had a thoughtfully-designed world; playing in that game got me more interested in world-building in general. That game inspired the Revelation for RPGs series of blog articles.
Top Network Posts
- 237 How to politely ask a coworker to “Google it”
- 217 Rollout of new network site themes
- 177 Dealing with the unexpected death of an employee
- 174 I offered to help neighbor, how to discuss compensation?
- 173 How to respond to a ridiculous request from a senior colleague?
- 173 New top bar is coming to the Stack Exchange network
- 168 A proposed philosophy of question migration
- View more network posts →