I'm currently a Senior Research Software Engineer working at the Scientific Technology Facilities Council.
I'm currently working on a project called Data & Analytics Facility for National Infrastructure (DAFNI) - "Bridging the gap between academic research, data analysis and strategic infrastructure planning". We work on making running complex scientific models simple for everyone, on large scale hardware.
At the University of Oxford's eResearch centre I worked on two projects, Early Modern Letters Online (EMLO), and Fusing Audio and Semantic Technologies (FAST). EMLO uses semantic linked data to link up 16th, 17th and 18th century letters. FAST is a research project in to how to take music forward into a semantic future. Previously I worked in the Bodleian Digital Library (www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/bdlss) were we linked datasets, preserved digital documents for a millennia and publish searchable websites on a wide variety of subjects. (Projects).
I'm also interested in Space, Writing, Visualisations, Mars and Juggling.
Top network posts
- 146 How to change the remote repository for a git submodule?
- 45 How do I check if a string is a number (float)?
- 26 How can I run background tasks in React Native?
- 19 Alternative to bitwise operators in uuid creation
- 18 Search multiple SOLR core's and return one result set
- 18 IntelliJ IDEA: Increase size of bar on the right side of editor
- 14 Star Trek end credits blue glow
- View more network posts →