Computer Scientist, Software Engineer and developer since 1994, Java/JEE from 1998 till 2009, C/C++ (UNIX and Win32), CORBA, software architecture, network protocols (layer 3 and up) with a defense contractor (General Dynamics C4 Systems) from 2010 to 2013. Then some C#, C++11 and WinRT C++/CX at Citrix doing mobile and desktop app/virtualization work.
Currently back in Java and Jython at Vertiv (former Emerson Network Power/Avocent). More precisely, knee-deep with PL/SQL doing time series data processing.
Other work I've done involved systems administration, x86 Assembly, VB, and FoxPro in the Pre-Cambrian. Good times, good stuff.
I've pursued a MS in Computer Science (with focus on security in distributed systems). Then some grad studies pursuing a MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Hopefully I'll resume my studies and complete a MS in CS, or branch out into a MS in MIS (depending on the conditions on the battleground.)
- Stack Overflow 8.4k 8.4k 55 gold badges3030 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Server Fault 351 351 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 253 253 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Super User 221 221 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 162 Stored Procedures a bad practice at one of worlds largest IT software consulting firms?
- 130 Group vs role (Any real difference?)
- 30 GNU gcc/ld - wrapping a call to symbol with caller and callee defined in the same object file
- 25 What are the disadvantages of test-first programming?
- 23 At what point do immutable classes become a burden?
- 18 Why can't a Java Thread object be restarted?
- 18 Domain Driven Design disadvantages?
- View more network posts →