Peter LeFanu Lumsdaine
Mathematician by trade, other interests including… well, roughly what my SE activity suggests. Currently living in Sweden, previously variously in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.
Member for 4 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Sep 13 at 10:04
- English Language & Usage 18.2k 18.2k 33 gold badges4444 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 9.5k 9.5k 11 gold badge4040 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Mathematics 6k 6k 44 gold badges1919 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Academia 5.9k 5.9k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.9k 1.9k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 352 Pedagogy: How to cure students of the "law of universal linearity"?
- 282 How do you explain to a 5th grader why division by zero is meaningless?
- 200 How do I ask for an espresso if there's a good chance they don't know how to make it?
- 119 Is it unethical to take a photograph of my question sheets from a sit-down exam I've just finished if I am not allowed to take them home?
- 108 How to deal with a professor who grades assignments and exams incorrectly
- 63 Writing a recommendation letter for a student I reported for academic dishonesty
- 63 When Frodo offers her the ring, is Galadriel really tempted, or just making a point?
- View more network posts →