A planet is not a world. Planet? A ball of rock. World? A Four-dimensional wonder. On a world there must be mysterious mountains. Let there be bottomless lakes peopled with antique monsters. Let there be strange footprints in high snowfields, green ruins in endless jungles, bells beneath the sea; echo valleys and cities of gold. This is the yeast in the planetary crust, without which the imagination of men will not rise.
We build worlds, we don't just terraform planets. Robots could do that.
Terry Pratchett - Strata
Member for 3 years, 6 months
45 profile views
Last seen 17 hours ago
Top network posts
- 211 Would a bear cavalry be feasible?
- 201 How to keep a military technology secret while using it?
- 142 Why would society not cremate its dead in a world where necromancy is possible?
- 135 How does Santa protect himself from IP lawsuits?
- 134 Who is spreading the rumour that Santa isn't real?
- 131 Why would the Federation ban escape pods that come with manual override?
- 128 Plausible reason why my time machine can only go back a certain amount of time?
- View more network posts →