Left SE On 10_6_19
10/6/19: Though I have been a member of StackExchange for a fairly long time, recent conflicts between the management and the community (and the inability to challenge recent decisions made by the management) will prevent me from contributing any further to the site.
There are situations where I agree with management, just as there are situations where I agree with the community. However, if management is unable to allow the community to participate in the decision-making process or reconcile with the community in some other way, the resulting drama will make it difficult for the site to serve its main purpose (to help others).
I acknowledge that this site had been an invaluable resource to others, and I appreciated my time helping out others on this site. I wish the best of luck for the site moving forward.
Houston, TX, United States
Member for 4 years
4 profile views
Last seen Apr 1 '17 at 3:07
Top network posts
- 18 Has the Lovelace Test 2.0 been successfully used in an academic setting?
- 18 Understanding political subtexts in the Turing test paper
- 16 "GitHub Stars" is a very useful metric. But for *what*?
- 13 My program designed to be resistant to malware and DOS attacks isn't letting me turn it off. What do I do?
- 11 Is the simulation of emotional states equivalent to actually experiencing emotions?
- 10 Should I use anthropomorphic language when discussing AI?
- 10 Why is the Star Wars universe not a post-scarcity economy?
- View more network posts →