Elected Former moderator on RPGSE: if you have any concerns, kudos, suggestions, questions, please find me in RPG General Chat.
D&D5e homebrew campaign, MGT2 on the side, lots of Terraforming Mars.
5e secret adventure, CP2020 (like it's 2020, baby!), homebrew duet for son.
All gaming suspended during stay-at-home. Online was okay as 5% of my week, but when the 95%'s gone remote, too, I can't do it. I wish the best to all of you who are finding fun and companionship that way.
However, I've ramped up my change-ringing substantially, thanks to Leland's and Bryn's work on RingingRoom. On the off-chance you're a ringer, try it our with your group! (I recommend Discord, not Zoom, for the organizational and voice layer. Ping me in chat or grab a Boston ringer if you'd like some pointers.)
Also in that vein, I went ahead and started up a change-ringing podcast: Treble's Going. If you're a ringer, I hope you'll check it out. (If not, I really can't imagine it'd be interesting.)
Prepping: an Angry Megadungeon.
Current & Last 6 Books: Hayden's Shamans, Sorcerers, and Saints: A Prehistory of Religion; Nuzum's Make Noise: A Creator's Guide to Podcasting; Kuehls' Four Months to a Four-Hour Marathon; Devlin's The Millennium Prize Problems: The Seven Greatest Unsolved Mathematical Puzzles of Our Time; Ridgway's The Home Blacksmith, Murphy's The Violence Inside Us.
Listening to: Dan Carlin's Common Sense, Hardcore History, and Hardcore History: Addendum; 538 Politics; Freakonomics Radio; In the Dark (serialized investigation); Left, Right, & Center; Oyez; NPR's Planet Money; Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History; Rachel Maddow; Strict Scrutiny; This American Life; Chris Hayes' Why Is This Happening?; and Marc Maron's WTF.
Member for 5 years, 11 months
21 profile views
Last seen Apr 2 '20 at 1:30
- Role-playing Games 96k 96k 2424 gold badges390390 silver badges512512 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Politics 300 300 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Area 51 259 259 66 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 242 242 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 209 Managing a Medieval Low Orbit Ion Cannon
- 165 Given powerful low-level Clerical healing, how can sick, crippled or otherwise unhealthy people exist?
- 140 What are the playable D&D races in 5e, and where can I find them?
- 115 Where do I find the "official" rules for D&D 5e?
- 111 Can you decide not to sneak into a room after seeing your roll?
- 109 How to work with a player who cites ADHD as reason for disruptive behavior
- 107 I'm stranded on an alien planet. How do I measure an earth year without a clock?
- View more network posts →