I'm a professional scholar of religion with a fairly wide range of interests. I have published principally on comparative religion, theory of religion, and magic (or "esotericism" if you prefer). My principal historical focus is early modern and eighteenth-century Europe. More recently, I've become interested in music history and music theory with respect to European conceptions of religion.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
16 profile views
Last seen Jan 25 at 19:58
Top network posts
- 17 Weapons and armor from chitin
- 16 What software is available for map creation?
- 16 Can these trolls exist?
- 13 In a society of flying beings, would the wheel ever be invented?
- 10 Is it possible for a developed society to practice human sacrifice as a ritual?
- 9 Creating a realistic timekeeping system for a fantasy world
- 8 How does a polytheistic cult compare to multiple coexisting monothestic cults?
- View more network posts →