The phrase 'water-vessel-design' () is really wordy; something like 'ship-design' would be a little better. However, we do have the tag shipbuilding (), which is

  1. An actual term
  2. Concise

The two also seem to be similar in usage; there are four questions using both of these tags and one uses both.

Should we combine the two? I'd suggest one as a synonym of the other but I lack the necessary in rep in either tag. I'd also like to hear a discussion on this.

Note: can apparently also be used for spaceships, so my preference would be to get rid of the tag by making it a synonym of , and use instead.

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ I suggested water-vessel-design as a synonym of shipbuilding. $\endgroup$
    – Vincent
    Jan 2 '15 at 18:31
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Somebody please check to make sure we're clearly distinguishing, in tagging, spaceships and water ships? $\endgroup$ Jan 2 '15 at 18:58
  • $\begingroup$ @MonicaCellio I checked, and it appears everything's fine. $\endgroup$
    – HDE 226868 Mod
    Jan 2 '15 at 18:59
  • $\begingroup$ Good. Thanks for checking! $\endgroup$ Jan 2 '15 at 19:02
  • $\begingroup$ It's been marked as a synonym. Do you want to self-answer this as marked, or do you want to change this to status-completed? $\endgroup$ Jun 15 '18 at 21:45
  • $\begingroup$ @FoxElemental Good point. I've marked this as status-completed. $\endgroup$
    – HDE 226868 Mod
    Jun 15 '18 at 22:07

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .