As some of you have already noticed, over the last days a collaborative storytelling effort has been started here on WorldBuildingSE.
This question is meant as a means to keep everything surrounding the story organized. Community answers will provide different kinds of information & data on the whole effort and are intended to help people wanting to join the effort to orientate themselves.
There's 6 rules, intended to keep the writing effort going and preventing a single person from dominating the fun:
- Limit entries to the length of the chat input, or a paragraph. You can post once every 6 hours.
- Try to avoid jarring changes. *"And suddenly the planet exploded, the end." doesn't help anyone.
- Don't get too stressed out by grammar. That's what the editing phase is for.
- Keep non-story discussions out of this room. If you want to talk though issues use The Chat
- Before you post your paragraph, just make a post in the main chat so that others will know that you are doing it and not post at the same time as you.
- When posting the next paragraph, hit the reply button to keep it all in a chain.
And 1 rule for this meta-question:
- Any information in here is intended to depict the current state of the story, if it's not in the story yet it goes into the Theory section.
The dedicated room where you can join the writing is found here: The Story-Go-Round Room
The story can also be found in form of a google docs document that is updated at the reader's discretion, in case the chat proves uncomfortable for reading up: The Story-Go-Round Google Document
Below you find links to the different community answers:
Below is a list of every person that has participated in the story so far: