When I try browsing Worldbuilding (main question list, questions) using Firefox 54.0.1 32-bit on Windows 10, eventually the contents of all Firefox tabs turn completely black. This happens after a "random" but low number of seconds, maybe 2-30. I'm puzzled about this, because:
- It does not happen in Firefox 54.0 (64-bit) in Ubuntu.
- It does not happen in Microsoft Edge on the same computer.
- All tabs turns black, including new tabs that I open, no matter what URL I visit.
- It only happens with Worldbuilding pages, never any other Stack Exchange sites. Never any other websites.
- It does not happen on meta.
- The New Tab Page in Firefox is the only content that seems unaffected.
Restarting Firefox helps, and restores everything. If I restore a previously opened Worldbuilding page, the problem occurs again. If I close the Worldbuilding-tab before restarting, I'm back to normal, everything works.
I don't know how long this has been going on. I normally don't use Windows, but I've been using it occasionally for the last month or so.
The only Firefox extension I use is AdBlock Plus, and disabling it does not help.
So. Something on Worldbuilding does this, but I have no idea how to debug it.