Many of us here on Worldbuilding Stack Exchange are building worlds for our own fictional stories, but sometimes the best way to create something is to learn about what has already been created. With that in mind, I propose we create a Worldbuilding Recommended Reading List that can give insight on or examples of good worldbuilding.
Answers to this post should include:
- The name of a book or series of books
- Author(s) name(s)
- A brief explanation of how the book(s) relate to Worldbuilding.
- A link to the book in question when available
Answers should not include:
- Recommendations based solely on plot or theme (books should be recommended based on their ability to create and/or utilize well-built world)
- Recommendation for content you are unfamiliar with. If you haven't read it, don't recommend it.
Standard formatting for answers:
- For a stand alone book
Book Name Hyperlinked (author)
- For a book series
Series Name (Author)