What criteria should I use when closing a question as Too Story Based?
A question should be closed if it contains any of the following:
- Asking about what a character or small group of characters would decide in a given situation
- Asking about a specific individual
- Not asking about building the world but instead creating a scenario
- Lack of context, if it is unclear how the question relates to building a world
It should not be closed for any of these things (unless it also has the things above):
- Asking about what options are available in a given situation (if insufficiently constrained close as too broad).
- Similarly asking for techniques or strategies can be on topic (if insufficiently constrained close as too broad).
- Creating significant figures such as leaders, gods in a pantheon, historical figures, etc where the question relates to building of the world.
- Asking about the reaction of an organisation or country significant enough to be considered party of the world in a situation where that reaction can reasonably be predicted.