A common thing to do when building a world is to build a map of that world. This typically outlines the various countries, important landmarks, factions, terrain, climate, etc. of the world.
I present a list of various cartography related questions. Respond with thoughts on whether they are on topic or not. Some of them may be considered to be only tangentially related to worldbuilding. The hope here is to create a line in the sand, as a community, as to what cartography questions are allowed and what are not.
- What factors could result in inaccurate mapping of a world?
- How can I develop a naming scheme for cities and towns in my world?
- What are some ways mass terraforming in a short period of time could occur?
- How can the shape of borders develop within a continent?
- How quickly could erosion cause an island to break off from a continent?
- What are some tools to create maps of my world?
- How can I draw biome variations on a medium scale regional map?
- How do I mark a desert in a map?
- Advice on making a decent looking city / large town