I know that questions that are based on "Actions of individual characters, rather than elements of the world they inhabit" are off topic, but if I had created a specific creature, would it not count as asking about a species?
I'm planning to ask a series of questions based on the aforementioned creature, such as:
- "[Given the following creature], how would this creature have avoided being hunted down by its predators"
- "How would the creature defend itself"
- "What circumstances may have caused this section of the creature to evolve to look like this"
- "What in the world could this feature of the creature possibly be useful for"
Note: Extremely detailed diagrams, models, and pictures of the creature will be posted along with the question(s).
While I can see that this kind of question isn't listed in the "On-topic" list,
- Creation of elements of a world (languages, species, buildings, etc.)
- Effects of events or world elements, including technology and magic, on specific aspects of that world's societies, cultures, and environment
- How to achieve a specified effect in a defined world, including by the use of technology or magic, while maintaining in-universe consistency
it's also not listed under "Off-topic".
Also, from this help page, it states that if your motivation is “I would like others to explain ______ to me”, then you are probably OK", which seems to fit into the format of the questions I'm thinking of asking.
Should I ask these questions here?